Welcome to Holy Shih Tzu! Please login or register and join in!
I'm a new user 642820

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Holy Shih Tzu! Please login or register and join in!
I'm a new user 642820

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Shih Tzu Lovers everywhere to Chat

I'm a new user Ggggg10

Who is online?

In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 112 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:02 am

Latest topics

» I miss you guys....
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm by Fluff

» Looking at a Shih Tzu Pup
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm by daisydotes

» Please welcome Maggie as Show Advisor
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 pm by jessup

» Please help! My 16 month old shih tzu has suddenly starting snapping at people!
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 am by Fluff

» Help Harness keeps coming off
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:06 pm by daisydotes

» House Breaking
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:04 am by Fluff

» New shih tzu owner
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:51 pm by achoo

» Hi, I'm New
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:47 am by Honeyboo

» Hello New ToThe Community
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Thu May 22, 2014 12:27 pm by daisydotes

» I have 3 Shih-Tzus! New to the forum! :)
I'm a new user Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:43 pm by LokisMamma

5 posters

I'm a new user

CherBear225

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2012-02-14

I'm a new user Empty I'm a new user

Post by CherBear225 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 am

Hi I'm a new user on the forum. I have an 11 week old female shih tzu. Her name is Annabelle and she was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend. I absolutely love her, however she is extremely stubborn! There a stubborn breed from what I have read. I have house trained my parents 2 dogs and that was easy. Annabelle however just does not want to work with me I take her out to pee/poop and she does. I praise her and give her treats tell her what a good girl she is but then she pees or poops on the floor not long after. I scold her by telling her no in a very stern voice but it doesn't work. And he is a puppy so she teeths and chews like all puppies but she only wants to chew what she isn't supposed to like shoes feet fingers arms ankles the couch! I tell her no bite and give her a chew toy but she doesn't want it. And she thinks I'm playing when I tell her no and starts barking. I am at a loss as what to do someone please help
    Monika
    Monika
    Best Of The Best
    Best Of The Best

Female
    Number of posts : 6394
    Registration date : 2010-04-15

I'm a new user Empty Re: I'm a new user

Post by Monika Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 am

11 week is still very young! Buck is nearly 1 year old and he still has accidents in the house.Rolling Eyes Shih Tzu's are notorious for taking a while to learn where to wee and poo. Rolling Eyes So hang on in there. As for the chewing I have been quite lucky. Cooper used to have a sock thing but is ok now, Buck will have a go at anything but will usually leave it when I tell him no. Again she seems very young and I am sure will get the hang of it soon. I'm a new user 751456
    Fluff
    Fluff
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 39100
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Fluff Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 am

She sounds like my new girl lol

11 weeks old and only a baby, impossible to house train them by this age so i wouldnt worry at all, as for the other behaviour then havent got a clue sorry as im useless at training Embarassed
    CherBear225

Female

Post by CherBear225 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah I know Sheila young and needs time but she bit my 5 yr old nephew when he was Petting her and drew blood on his finger cuz her teeth are sharp. I know she was playing and didn't mean to hurt him but even his crying didn't scare her away from biting him you can't pet her without her biting your offers off lol. I am jut going to have to keep trying I suppose :/ I just hope she starts catching on sooner than later I really hate telling my nephew he can't play with Annabelle cuz she hurts him.
    Fluff
    Fluff
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 39100

Post by Fluff Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:49 am

My Zeus used to mouth all the time and i used to scream really loud and he soon stopped that, she very young and im sure she will settle down.
    daisydotes
    daisydotes
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 18834
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

Post by daisydotes Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

Like Monks and Fluff have said 11 weeks is very young especially for a shiddie as they are on the whole a very stubborn breed indeed but then that is a huge part of what makes them such a wonderful breed to own its a real battle of wills rofl

Daisy was a huge chewer as a puppy and always things she shouldn't chew I have table legs that still bear the teeth marks rofl

My other rwo didn't really chew at all though so again I suppose its the luck of the draw

The pee/poop issue is just something you have to persevere with and what you are doing is exactly the right way to go on

Do you take her outside as soon as she wakes and after she has eaten then more or less every couple of hours after??

Good luck and some piccys would be great
    ஐJudelஐ
    ஐJudelஐ
    Moderators
    Moderators

Female
    Number of posts : 11183

Post by ஐJudelஐ Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 pm

My friend has a staff puppy and she is 11 weeks old and omg can she hurt, her teeth are like pins. Its just time for the puppy to learn our hands and fingers are not for playing with. Just give her lots of toys and when she starts chewing on your hands, firmly say No and put a toy there instead. She will get the message, I know there hard work at this stage but I would do anything to have mine that young again Wink As for the toilet training some just take longer then others, carry on letting her out everytime she wakes up that always helped me with mine.

Good luck, have you any pics of her as I would love to see her.I'm a new user 164227
    CherBear225

Female

Post by CherBear225 Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

I don't know how to put pics housing my iPhone :/ but thanks everyone for advice. I have pics of her ony phone and stuff bit without Internet I can't upload them on here. Or at least idk how lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am